Eating a healthy diet is one way to keep inflammation at bay. It is very easy to add anti-inflammatory ingredients like turmeric and flax seeds to your pups homemade snacks.
The following recipe contains both these wonderful anti inflammatory ingredients, and is yummy too! How can you go wrong with a delicious treat that healthy too?
- 4 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- preheat oven to 350º
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together
- add water and egg
- mix together until thoroughly combined into dough
- knead dough for about 3 minutes (dough will be sticky)
- allow dough sit for 15 minutes so the oats soak up the water and the dough gets dry
- using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to about 1/4″ in thickness
- use a cookie cutter to cut out your desired shape
- place each treat on a lined baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes (oven times may vary)
You can store these cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in refrigerator, or three months in your freezer.
Recipe adapted from: