With the recent “Arctic Blast” and the snow currently falling, this nice slow cooker stew is great for warming up your pups after some brief outdoor playtime and will keep their tummies satisfied! Even if you happen to live in a warmer climate, this stew will be yummy in your dogs tummy!
* Warning, this recipe smells really good, so your dogs will stalk the Crock Pot! 😊
- 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups cubed sweet potato
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut up
- 2 pounds frozen mixed vegetables (corn, peas, green beans, carrots)
- place all ingredients in slow cooker in the order listed
- make sure to cover the chicken completely with the vegetables
- cook 5 hours on high or 8 hours on low
- remove from slow cooker and shred chicken
- stir shredded chicken, rice and veggie mixture until evenly distributed
- allow to cool, then serve to your pup while warm
You can store this recipe in an airtight container covered in your refrigerator for up to three days or freeze in single-serve portions for later use.