Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamin C, and can boost your dog’s immune system. They are an important part of any diet, human or canine.
Today I am sharing a recipe for fruit and vegetable strips for your pup. This recipe is a relatively inexpensive way to make more rewards/treats for your dog that are healthy and tasty!
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup minced carrots
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of water
- preheat oven to 400
- bake your sweet potato for a half hour or microwave it for eight to ten minutes.
- reduce or preheat oven to 350
- blend the sweet potato and the banana together in a large bowl
- mix in the carrots, flour, and oats
- add in the applesauce and water, mix well
The ingredients will form a soft dough. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface until it’s about 1/8 inch thick.
- cut the dough into strips
- bake on a cookie sheet for twenty-five minutes (oven times may vary)
Store strips in airtight containers or ziplock bags in your fridge for up to two weeks.