Even if your dog is outside briefly in the summer they can get hot and a frosty treat may be just what they need to cool down.
My recipe is quick and easy and you don’t need to buy any special baking supplies or tools to make it.
- 1 1/2 cups plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter *
- 1 over ripe banana or 4oz container of banana baby food
- paper cups
- large ziplock bag or icing bag with tip (optional)
* make sure whatever brand peanut butter you purchase does not have xylitol as an ingredient, it is VERY toxic to your dog!
Note: If you are don’t have the banana or the baby food you can make this treat with just the yogurt and the peanut butter.
- mix all the ingredients together
- scoop yogurt mixture directly into paper cups or into bag and squeeze into cups
- freeze until solid
When you are ready to serve the frozen treat just peel away the paper and let your furry friend enjoy in their bowl or even outside as it can get messy 😉
Another option is to fill an ice cube or silicone tray if you have them, and just pop them out when frozen. Either way this is a simple, easy, and very enjoyable treat for your dog!