You can’t go wrong with this K9 Meatball recipe! Easy for you to make and bake, delicious and nutritious for your pup to enjoy.
- 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef or ground chicken (or mix them if you like)
- 1/2 cup cooked whole grain brown rice
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- unrefined extra virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil to coat pan
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- grease muffin pan or baking sheet
- combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- fill each muffin tin with about 1/4 cup of the mixture, or form mixture into balls and place on baking sheet
- bake about 15 minutes or until cooked through (oven times may vary)
- let cool completely before serving
Note: If your pup is on a grain free diet, just leave out the rice.
As always, I ask that you please check with your own Veterinarian about which foods are appropriate for your pup.
Recipe adapted from: