In the hot summer months it’s sometimes just too unbearable to turn on the oven and bake dog treats. My fur babies only eat homemade treats, so what’s a mom to do?
This is an easy no bake recipe my pups love and I know yours will too!
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- additional oats for rolling
- 1-2 tbsp. natural peanut butter (optional)
- combine pumpkin purée and water in a bowl
- add the peanut butter (optional)
- add 2 1/2 cups of oats and stir really well
- using your hands roll the “dough” into balls
- after you’ve rolled all the mixture into balls, spread some additional oats on a plate, and roll them in the oats lightly coating them on the outside
- refrigerate for 24 hours or until firm
- store in airtight container in the fridge