These treats are a delicious way for your pup to cool down in the hot summer months. They are a little time consuming to make, but watching my dogs eyes light up with excitement, and seeing how much they enjoyed eating these goodies made it worth it!
The key to these treats the layering and freezing. I used a silicone cake pop mold. (bonbon shape for bite-sized treats), but you can use any ice cube tray or mold shape tray you may have.
- silicone cake pop mold (bonbon shape)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 banana, halved and sliced
- blend 1/2 banana with yogurt until it reaches a smoothie like consistency
- using a spoon, fill the bottom of the molds with the banana/yogurt mixture, leaving enough room to build up 2 more layers
- level yogurt in the mold tray, then place in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes allowing to set before moving on to the next step
- while that first layer is freezing, heat up peanut butter in microwave for about 15 seconds to a liquid-like consistency that’s easy to pour
- spoon a layer of peanut butter over the first layer of chilled yogurt, then return mold back to freezer about another 10 minutes
- once the second layer is set, spoon final layer of banana/yogurt mixture over peanut butter layer
- finish by pressing a slice of banana on top
- return to freezer, for at least 4 hours
These treats can be stored in a resealable freezer bag for up to 2 weeks (if they last that long).
By the way, these frozen bites are actual great as “human treats” too! 😜 They really are yummy!
Recipe adapted from: