I think we can all agree that people love pumpkin pie! It’s a sweet treat that is a perfect addition to any Thanksgiving meal.
While you are sitting down to eat a slice of that pie, why shouldn’t your pup do the same?
Unfortunately, the pie we enjoy is not good for your furry family member, but these pupkin pie Thanksgiving dog treats are safe, healthy, and will be gobbled up in a flash!
• 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/2 cup plain oatmeal
• 1/4 cup apple sauce
• 3-4 tbsp. water
• 1 can of pureed pumpkin
- preheat oven to 375
- combine the whole wheat flour, oatmeal apple sauce, and water
- mix the ingredients until combined well into a soft dough
- on a floured surface, roll out the dough about 1/4-inch thick
- cut mini pie crusts out of the dough, about 4 inches in diameter (I used the top of a drinking glass to cut mine)
- cut out pie crusts until you run out of dough
- place each pie crust into a well-greased muffin tin
- press down into the tin and mold it around the muffin cup or paper liners
- bake the pie crusts in the oven for 8 minutes (just cooked enough to keep them together)
- allow the pie crusts to cool and then you can fill them with the pureed pumpkin
When serving to your pup you can top their pumpkin pie with a little dollop of plain yogurt to give them the look of having whipped cream on their pie.
Store these treats in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days (top with the yogurt when ready to serve)