Every time I discuss a homemade dog food recipe with you, I always mention how important it is to add vitamins/supplements as well. You want to be sure your dogs needs are met and that they are getting the best nutrition possible so they can have long healthy happy lives.
One supplement I use is Animal Essentials Multi-Vitamin Herbal Supplement. It is a complete dietary supplement for your dog (or cat). It contains only the highest quality human grade herbs, vitamins, essential fatty acids, amino acids, and chelated minerals in a balanced, health-support formula.
- This formula contains chia seeds. Chia seeds are one of nature’s most complete sources of Omega 3, 6 and 9
- aids in giving your pup a healthy skin and coat with improved resistance to flea bites and other allergens
- provides a broad-spectrum herbal support without interfering with body functions
- a blend of high quality human grade herbs, vitamins, essential fatty acids and amino acid chelated minerals
- contains a prebiotic known as fructooligosaccharides (FOS) that aids in nutrient digestion
- Used in conjunction with a healthy balanced diet and exercise, this formula supports your dog’s resistance to disease, increases energy and assures nutritional diversity
Recommended Feeding: One teaspoon per 30 lbs. of body weight daily. Use as a dry topping or add warm water to make a gravy which my dogs love. I have also used it as a mix in ingredient in some of the homemade food recipes I make for my pups. What I love about this supplement is its versatility! I’m thinking of trying it in frozen treats next, I will let you know how they turn out and how the dogs like them in a future post. Stay tuned right here on Paws Give Me Purpose to find out 🙂
I am sure you will find that your dog will prefer this vitamin supplement added to their food in a particular way. With the many dogs we have here at Paws Give Me Purpose, some like the gravy some like it dry, but when I mix it into a food recipe they all gobble it up! As you know from following my posts, I have a picky eater here, so if he likes it it must be good!!
Even if your pup is eating a commercial dog food diet, I highly recommend adding supplements like this one as well. You can top off their kibble or canned food with a yummy gravy. Just be sure to never over supplement your pup and ALWAYS consult your own Veterinarian.
My gang gives Animal Essentials Multi-Vitamin Herbal Supplement a rating of 5 out of 5 paws!