I sometimes wonder if dogs get bored eating the same thing day after day, I know I would. Since I make homemade food and treats for my pups, I am always searching and trying to create something new for them to enjoy. Obviously nutritional needs play a big part, but why shouldn’t they enjoy different menu choices like we do.
This recipe is new, VERY easy, my dogs loved it and so will yours!
- 3/4 cups each of chopped veggies (any kind you have on hand will do, I like to mix it up. I used sweet potato, carrots, spinach, and zucchini)
- 3 lbs of extra lean ground beef (85%)
- 1 1/2 cups of old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- ground up flax seeds or flaxseed oil (amount should be based on your Veterinarians recommendation)
- unrefined extra virgin coconut oil to grease pans
- preheat oven to 350
- mix all ingredients together in large bowl
- lightly grease 2 meat loaf pans or a flat baking sheet with rim
- fill meat loaf pans or form loaf on baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour or until done (oven times will vary)
After removing from oven allow to cool down enough to drain any fat that has collected in your pan.
This puploaf can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer, defrosted and warmed before serving.
Don’t forget to make sure your pup is taking their additional vitamins and/or supplements. If you’re using the Animal Essentials Multi-Vitamin Herbal Supplement that I discussed in one of my posts, or something similar, you can mix it right into this recipe or top the puploaf off using it as a gravy.