Yesterday, I shared information with you about the wonder herb turmeric and its benefits for your pup. Today I want to share a couple ways you can add turmeric to your dogs diet.
The first is called Golden Paste, basically it’s a paste made with turmeric that you can simply add to your dogs food. There are many different recipes on the internet, I found this one at:
Another way of feeding your dog turmeric is in these light and crispy turmeric treats. They are a healthy snack for your pup, and an easy way to get some of this wonder herb into their diet. Your dog is going to love these!
Crispy Turmeric Treats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
- preheat oven to 350
- combine all ingredients in a bowl
- mix well until you get a crumbly dough
- roll out and cut shapes
- bake for 25 min, turn off oven and let treats sit in oven another 10-15 min or until crisp
- store in refrigerator in airtight container for up to 2 weeks
Let me close again by saying to ALWAYS consult with your Vetrinarian before adding something new to your dogs diet!
Please continue to follow me here at Paws Give Me Purpose, I promise you will not be disappointed!