I am always on the look out for simple healthy recipes to make for my pups and spend time creating my own as well. Today I am sharing a delicious, nutritious recipe your dog is sure to love!
• 1 cup of cooked brown rice
• 1 pound of extra lean ground beef
• 1 carrot, shredded
• 1 apple, shredded
• 1 cup chopped spinach
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• place extra virgin olive oil in a large frying pan
• cook beef until completely browned
• cook brown rice
• when rice is ready, add to ground beef and stir together
• add the shredded carrot, apple and chopped spinach
• reduce heat to medium-low and stir for 5 minutes until well combined
Let food cool completely before serving.
If your dog is on a grain free diet you can leave out the rice. You can also divide into individual portion sizes and store in airtight containers or ziplock bags in your fridge, or freezer until ready to use.