This recipe is delicious and full of nutritional value for your pet. Sweet potatoes and green beans are a great sources of beta-carotene, minerals, and fiber. This also happens to be a great recipe for managing your pet’s weight. The chicken provides the protein your pet needs to stay healthy, and the fiber helps your pup feel full with fewer calories!
- 1 cup whole grain brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound green beans, broken into segments
- 1 sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
Depending on the size of your crockpot, and your dogs food portion requirements, you can double or even triple the ingredients so you have enough food prepared for a few days.
- place all ingredients into the crockpot in the order listed above (layer, do not mix)
- cook on low for about 8 hours, on high for about 5 hours
- when cooking is complete, mix, breaking up the chicken into small pieces (everything will be soft)
- allow to cool and serve
You can store any unused portion in your fridge for up to three 3 days.
If your dog is on a grain free diet, leave out the rice and toss in some more veggies! Try adding some broccoli florets, zucchini, spinach or squash. If you want to change up the recipe so your pup can have variety, you can use other protein sources such as beef cubes, turkey or lamb.