While I definitely recommend brushing your dog’s teeth you can also toss your pup a breath mint!
Aside from the health and breath benefits of these ingredients, my dogs seem to love the flavor. I hope your little ones gobble them down as happily as mine did!
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water + 1 teaspoon
- 3 tablespoons unrefined extra virgin coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350
- place oats in blender or food processor and pulse to a flour consistency
- in a large bowl whisk together parsley, mint, egg, water, and oil
- add oat flour, stir to combine
- using your hands or rolling pin flatten dough to approximately 1/8″ thick
- using a cookie cutter or small glass cut out 1″ mints (recipe makes about 40)
- place mints on parchment lined cookie sheet
- bake 35-40 minutes or until golden and crispy