These pupcakes are a healthy sweet treat for your dogs Birthday, Gotcha Day, or any day you want to make them something extra special. This recipe makes 24 delicious mini pupcakes. I guarantee your pup will love them!
- 3/4 cups rice flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of whole flax seeds
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- unrefined extra virgin coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil to lightly grease muffin pan (if not using liners)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- combine dry ingredients and whisk to blend.
- in a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients, whisk to blend
- fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients
- fill lined or lightly greased mini muffin tins
- bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into Pupcakes comes out clean
- allow to cool, then ice with sweet potato icing
Sweet Potato Icing:
- 1 large sweet potato
- bake or microwave sweet potato until it’s VERY soft
- discard the skin, and place sweet potato in bowl
- beat with electric mixer until light and smooth
- spread or pipe icing on pupcakes
If you don’t have an icing bag, you can create your own by placing the icing in a ziplock bag and cutting off a tiny bit of the corner. Works very well 😊
You can serve these shortly after frosting or store in the fridge or freezer until ready to use.