Is your dog’s Birthday or Gotcha Day soon? Or do they deserve and EXTRA special treat just because? This delicious recipe will have them begging for more!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz. plain low fat yogurt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup grated apple, peeled and cored
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 mini doggie biscuits/cookies
- ¼ cup carob chips
- preheat oven to 350
- line cupcake pan with liners
- in a large bowl beat together the flour, baking powder, eggs, yogurt, and applesauce
- mix well until combined
- add in peanut butter, honey, and grated apple, mix well
- place ¼ cup of batter in each cupcake liner
- bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes clean (oven times may vary)
- allow to cool in pan for a few minutes before removing
Once pupcakes have cooled, beat heavy cream until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
Pipe the whipped cream onto the cooled pupcakes and top with a dog biscuit/cookie.
You can serve these shortly after frosting or store in the fridge or freezer until ready to use.
If you are planning on freezing the pupcakes, don’t put the icing and doggie biscuit/cookie on top until ready to use. Defrost, mix up icing, top off and serve.
Recipe adapted from: