I have spent a great deal of time creating my own dog food toppers and dog food recipes for my pups. Today I want to share a topper with you that my dogs LOVE! I know yours will enjoy it too.
- 2-3 pounds ground white turkey (quantity of meat depends on the size of your crockpot)
- 1 cup whole grain brown rice
- 12 oz diced butternut squash
- 1 cup blueberries
- crumble ground white turkey into your crock pot
- add rice, butternut squash and blueberries layering in this order
- cover with water and cook on low for 6-8 hours (crockpot times may vary)
- mix when done cooking, serve when cool enough for your pup to eat
Note: If your pup is on a grain free diet, leave out the rice and cut back on the water.
This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days in airtight containers or can be frozen until ready to use.
This recipe is great for topping off or mixing in with your dogs current food. Just cut back a little on the amount of their regular food when you add a topper, so they don’t eat more than they should.